page contents

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Summer's Here and We're Gonna Do What?


Two days out. And already...I feel the summer slipping away. Because it's just like me to have all these plans like, uh, the zoo, the Botanical center, all those art exhibits, (did we check into art camp?), an organizational basement project,a heap of scrapbooking supplies that sit in a basket, our trip to Kansas City, a flower bed experiment on the west side of the house, music theory with Alex, cleanup at the old farm, trips to the library, oh yeah -- swimming. I can't forget to take kids swimming either.

Whatever. You know what we're doing right now? Well, as I type these words, Doug is spraying a field. Cole and Al are watching Batman Begins. Again.

I'm not going to try to fit as much as I can in this summer. Really I AM going to spend as much time as I can with my family doing any old thing at all with - ALL of my family, including my dying grandmother. It won't be about becoming a better person. It will be about being better - together. No matter how many books we read or how many art exhibits we get to. (As long as we get to Eclipse, but that goes without saying.)

No comments: