page contents

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Oh Yeah! Don't Forget To Live!

I've been through a brutal few weeks of enduring headaches which drifted into migraines, all while trying to be the perfect mother, wife, daughter, manager, friend, writer, banker, blah, blah, blah...

Then I went to a conference and heard a story. A simple, yet sad story that seemed to transform something within me. The condensed version is this: A lady, who was dying of cancer, suddenly realized that she had forgotten to live her life.

That sort of struck me. Let me rephrase. That really, really struck me. How many days go by do I find myself forgetting to watch a sunset, listen to the wind, or just watch my kids? And I mean really soak in the essence of my amazing kids...not just make sure they're safe or ensure they're fed.

I've spent an awful lot of time in the past few years trying to get some books published...and in the process sort of forgot that I was doing it because I like to write. No more will I be working every available minute to find an agent. I'm gonna write when I feel like writing. And enjoy the process along the way -- hopefully make a few others smile as well. Who cares if I ever get published? I have an awesome life as it is.

Who do I owe this great transformation? Probably the biggest influence was a speaker by the name of Sonia Choquette. I'm reading her book titled The Answer is Simple- Love Yourself. Live Your Spirit. It's pretty amazing. Check out her website and if you have a chance to see this lady, do it! You just might find yourself again.

Wow. That was pretty serious for this mom-blogger...but I've got some good kid stories in the hopper. Until next time...

2 comments:

Anitaprofessional said...

I love this post. I will say that we are both richer than those who may have millions in the bank, yet don't appreciate what is right in front of them.

I do find myself looking at my two amazing kids and I do cherish everything about them. I could move on to a large district with a bigger pay check but also bigger responsibilities. More office time, less time golfing with the son or just riding a bike with them both.

The Tiger Woodses of the world, who leave their family to go out and rule the world, are so life poor they have to go out and fill their void with something.

Enjoy the process, great line and such a true statement. Didn't Tim McGraw sing, "live like you were dying?"

I believe I have and you are just beginning.

Take care - Dom

megha said...

I like this post alot......you can post like these blogs through our site which is related to mothers including parenting,pregnancy,beauty,health,education...We would like to contact you but we cant get your mail id.I would like to promote my blog through your blog please contact me through my mail id ,for further details check www.chennaimomsinfo@gmail.com