page contents

Saturday, September 12, 2009

YELLOW

Yellow. Look outside, what do you see? Yellow. I love yellow, but it's starting to depress me. Yellow grass. Yellow fields. Yellow weeds in ditches. Yellow sunflowers.

I went into my closet and what did I see? Yellow. I keep buying yellow shirts. I just bought a yellow (mustard really) purse. I even noticed a pair of yellow shoes on my shoe rack today. What does yellow signify? I looked up "yellow" in my handy resource tool, Wikipedia, and found out that

"Yellow echoes the dual nature of red. Though yellow evokes feelings of happiness, when we are confronted with too much yellow we become annoyed or angered. Yellow typically symbolizes sunlight, joy, happiness, earth, optimism, intelligence, idealism, wealth (gold), summer, hope, air, liberalism..." eventually these words turned into "cowardice, dishonestly, yada yada yada..."

So perhaps I'm suffering from just a bit of yellow overload and need a break...but wait not yet...the Hawks only lead by 14 to 3 at halftime...I think I can handle the color for a teensie bit longer.

Speaking of yellow. And ugly. Have I ever shared a glimpse of our long-tongued transient tomcat we call Shrek? He's a beaut. And if I had any doubt about being a cat whisperer, he's my proof. I've got the feral monster eating out of my hand. Literally.

1 comment:

I am P said...

they say yellow is cheerful, and that you should paint children's room's yellow....it's supposedly is calming and brings out positivity...idk, i love anything yellow, except when it's the grass. Sunflowers are my favorite flower, and I prefer yellow roses over red. I'm feeling kinda cheery right now!