page contents

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Shopping Trip Report: Day 2

Yesterday was such a whirlwind, I'm not sure where to start. Let me see. It all began at approximately 8:00 a.m...

*With my husband's birthday approaching, I absolutely had to find a gift for him. Fortunately, the perfect gift presented itself in the form of a charming little book entitled "Fart." (He doesn't read my blog, so it shouldn't ruin the surprise.)
*With Doug in mind, I decided to once again attempt to convert him into the metro-sexual I want him to be and bought a few clothes that I hope I can talk him into wearing.
*We spent an inexorbinant amount of time at Charlotte Russe. At least Mom and I had some nice visiting time while waiting for Alex to perfect her wardrobe.
*Make-overs at Dillards! My cosmetologist was a sweet, young thing who didn't realize that glitter all over a forty-year old isn't always flattering...especially in 100 degree heat.
*The margaritas at noon were heavenly.
*Looked for a birthday gift for Cole...(Iowa girls don't belong in a skateboarding store in the city.)
*By late afternoon, it occurred to me I had bought no career apparel, which was one of my main goals for the weekend. My daughter and mother graciously trekked back to Gap to score a few more pieces. My two shopping cohorts are the absolute BEST in honesty. And it was humorous to see what happens when they disagree.
*Finally, we decided to catch another movie in attempt to dry our sweat. On the way back, I realized that I wasn't holding my $100 Dillard's bag of cosmetics. OMG. I ran back to Gap, searching everyone I passed for the sack containing MY products. What I would do to that person if I found them... I rolled in to Gap, butted in front of the line to ask if I had left my precious new tools cosmetics guaranteed to make me ten years younger. With a smile, the clerk handed me the sack. Gap is my hero.
*Saw Julie and Julia...weeped tears of joy all the way through the movie. Julie's progression as a blogger fascinated me. Oh, to have eight comments on a posting! Maybe someday.
*Ate a delicious Italian meal to finish the evening...wait
*Made one last stop at Forever 21 to finish the evening...wait
*Stopped at Cold Stone Creamery to finish the evening...really.
The weekend was wonderful, and we are exhausted.

1 comment:

Schwieso's said...

Sounds like lots of fun. I sure hope my girls and I can plan fun trips like this in a couple years.