page contents

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween Eve

There happens to be a little more excitement in our house this year on the Eve of Halloween. No school tomorrow and I have the day off.

So, now that I won't be rushing home from work in attempt to get everyone fed and dressed,we'll have much more time to squabble about our artistic differences as I try to add more nuances to each of their costumes.

Okay, adding nuances to a superhero is pert-near impossible. Once I tried to talk him into going as the regular person (Peter Parker, Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent) with a superhero costume underneath. I just thought Cole would look so cute in glasses. That, of course, was a stupid idea. Oh how I long for the days when I could dress him in costumes as if he were a little girl.

Alex is all for adding nuances, to the point of gawdiness. Even with the gawdiness, at least Alex cares about looking good again. We went from cute animals, to the ugliest princess costume you could imagine (I couldn't talk her out of it and she wore it for 2 years), to ugly scary monster-type witch, to trampy devil-angel entity, and finally, this year, we have a great combination of scary and cute without being a bit sexy. I guess she's some sort of gothic mummy. Maybe you've seen it? I'm surprised by the number of mothers are familiar with it.

Well, off to bed. I need to get a good start to the day. No doubt, Cole will be up by 6:00 a.m. asking if it's time to trick or treat.

Saturday's Blog...Halloween pictures and stories...

PS Doug and I bought awesome costumes, which will have to wait until next year. Who knew that harvest season would last forever and I would come down with a bladder infection...just like last year (even the bladder infection)...

No comments: