page contents

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Things Stef Knows For Sure...This Weekend

Do any of you read Oprah's "What I Know For Sure" columns? Last month's article was particularly good with Oprah listing the her top 20. After reading her inspirational messages, I came up with a few of my own after the weekend.

What I Know For Sure...

1. No matter how insightful I believe Oprah to be, Doug will always find a fault with her.
2. It's not the end of the world if water pours into your basement. Again.
3. The Chinese herbs I ordered must be working! I got my period with absolutely no forewaring. No PMS. Not one crabby outbreak. I even asked Doug what he thought of my emotional health to make sure I wasn't being delusional.
4. It's not the end of the world if your ornamental lilac tree snaps in half.
5. It's possible to bite through your lip and make it bleed while eating popcorn.
6. Disney is brilliant. Case-in-point: H.S. Musical III.
7. I'm not ready for my daughter to have a boyfriend, but she didn't ask my opinion when she and Nick officially became a 'couple' on Friday.
8. I spend too much time reading in the car when I'm passenger. A glimpse of the beautiful autumn landscape today finally made me fold up the newspaper.
9. Charging interest is evil. Our priest told us today in church. God might be telling me something about my career as a banker.
10. Prayer works in any circumstance. After three hours of non-stop vomiting on Friday night, I held Cole in my arms and starting praying for him to get better. I didn't quit praying until I dosed off. He didn't puke again.

And finally, what I know for sure is that I'm happiest when I'm with my family. They are simply the best.

No comments: