page contents

Thursday, May 3, 2012

That Courage Thing Again! Gheesh!

I'm outside reading when Cole pokes his head up from an earth worm inspection. "Do you know that small insects often die from fear?"


No, I was not aware. But I found the information particularly relevant. Bugs should take heed. And sometimes, methinks, I should as well.


Courageous Actions?
  • My 14-year old daughter's trip to NYC with her vocal group. Sans her parents. (The night before the flight, it seriously occurred to me that I could prohibit her from going...)
  • My son's participation in soccer and baseball. Translation? His awareness that a ball could hit him in the face.
  • My dog's fearless barks at the unknown. Every single night. For hours. And hours.
  • My hubby who mows a lawn with known serpents slithering amidst the boundaries of our yard.
  • My mother's retirement from a government job...and the opening of her OWN boutique.
  • My dad's support of the boutique...despite the endeavor being something he doesn't fully comprehend or relate to. (Why should a motorcycle guy find dresses lovely? And onesies precious?)
I'm surrounded by bravery. Lately I seem to be letting personal goals evaporate. Why? Fear. Fear of failure. Fear of disappointing others. Fear of not getting everything done... I can't blame anyone but myself, though I'd like to. So enough of this anxiety already! Enough apathy! Embrace my inner courage!


"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."



two of my brave peeps
three of my brave peeps

No comments: