page contents

Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Gift

Yesterday during a staff meeting I happened to be the recipient of a lovely floral bouquet–a nice holiday surprise from my considerate staff. While the gift was beautiful, truly I was mostly struck by the act. Because frankly, I've not been feeling the season lately. Lots of work. Lots of grind. I've had a bit of snarkiness about me. No, not very Jesus-like.

Then I got the flowers. And it hit me. Perhaps I needed about one hundred doses of gratitude. Obviously, I get to work with some pretty awesome people.

I feel sorry for victims–true victims. But shame on me or anyone who plays a victim by complaining about dumb stuff. Like being too busy. Sheesh. 

In the words of Charles Dickens, I’m going to try to do a better job of doing the following in 2012:

“I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.”

That feels so much better than...complaining. Happy Holidays.

No comments: