page contents

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Blessed are We

Isaiah 58:10 “Feed the hungry, and help those in trouble. Then your light will shine out from the darkness, and the darkness around you will be as bright as noon.”


I've been saving up a few of our "requests for donations" this holiday season, so we could decide as a family which charities we should place our funds. Of course, it was impossible to select just one... But ultimately, we gave a few dollars to the following organizations:  


Meals from the Heartland - Amazingly enough, this organization exists practically in our backyard.
The Open Door Mission - Just the name evokes emotion, doesn't it?
Women for Women - Not sure how I came across this entity, but it promotes the economic stability of women  in countries who need it most.


I hope you spend some time looking at their websites - it's nearly impossible not to be moved their stories. Certainly these entities appreciate the donations, but in the back of my mind, I'm wondering what can I do? Perhaps this will be a Stef Kramer Resolution for 2011? Money is good - actions are better.


Anyway, I do hope you take a peek after you've opened all your gifts - or watched your loved ones open all their gifts.


God Bless.

No comments: