page contents

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Fathers, Sons and Baseball

Doug and I don't exactly see eye-to-eye on everything. And while we share many of the same values, our interests are quite varied. Really, how boring would a relationship be if we were exactly the same anyway?  But one of his very great passions (that I simply do not get at all) is baseball. But the thing about it? I think it's so adorable. I mean the way he just loves the sport.  And now that our Cole is growing up and taking an interest, I see this eagerness growing in Doug's eyes. Like "yes, the bug is growing in my boy as well..."

I can't decide if it's the fact that


  1. fatherly affection is always a sure way to warm a mother's heart, OR
  2. Doug's ability to throw, catch and hit a small and dangerously hard ball baffle so me to the point that I must assume he possesses a bit of magical powers.
Either way, Doug's connection to baseball is one of the many reasons I love him so. And my memory of him in his baseball suit still makes me smile. A lot! Wonder if I could talk him into putting on the pants, just for old time sakes?

Went to the Royals/Twins game the other night. Despite the 19-1 loss for the Royals, it was a great night. Doug and Cole paying their respects to one of Doug's childhood favorites- George Brett!


No comments: