page contents

Saturday, July 12, 2008

From my Daughter


Yesterday I was down with a migraine -- one of the worst that I had suffered in a long time. Lucky for me, my 11-year old daughter, Alex, has converted into a caretaker! We've obviously turned a corner in our household. Prior to yesterday, it wouldn't matter how sick I was. I still had to take care of the kids. Alex asked me numerous times if there was anything she could do for me and made sure she intercepted Cole's requests. The house turned into quite a disaster, but it didn't matter. I only had to get off the couch if I thought I was going to throw up! What really touched my heart was this get-well card that Alex wrote...

Mom I really want you to feel better, because I love you. It’s always so lifeless in this house when you’re sick. So I wanted to write this for you so your day will be a little bit brighter in the gloom of a headache. So hear are 7 reasons why I love you…
You always have a positive attitude!
Your smile is so bright!
You have so many people who love you!
Your so funny!
You wanted to become a writer and you did it!
I love it when you do that “cat whisperer”!
I can talk to you about anything!

So that was 7 things I love about you!

With love,
Alex


I told her I would post it on my blog. She asked if I could put a decent picture of her once. ("What? They're all so cute!") Anyway, per her request...

And for those of you who are wondering about the "cat whisperer", for another time.

No comments: