page contents

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Signs, Signs, Everywhere There's Signs

How many of you look for signs? Not like traffic signs, but subtle hints that make you ponder issues in your life? Most likely, I miss many of these...always on a non-stop to-do list. Lately though, God has become more blatant in his messages to me.

Sign #1: My friend, Annette, is pregnant! Amy and Susie have had babies in the past year. And while I was feeling a bit lonely for a newborn, Annette has reminded me how much I didn't enjoy throwing up all the time. As a matter of fact, I distinctly remember asking Doug, the second time around, "why would I do this to myself again?" Obviously, once the prize comes, you forget those things. Perhaps I'll reignite my campaign for international adoptions! I do receive a lot of mail about kids needing help abroad. Surely that's a sign.

Sign #2: A co-worker told me about a recent article she read about kids who were involved in lots of activities. These kids were interviewed in college and asked if they had regrets about their level of involvement. Most said they wished they had been able to eat supper at home more with their family. Hmmm. Doug and I grew up this way and always said we would make sure we do this. Something happened though. Soccer, dance, guitar, etc. Last night, my hubby and I made the decision that our kids simply don't have time to be kids. After soccer season is done (in about a week), we're going to be much more careful about signing the kids up for anything that comes around. Doug also informed me that I could say 'no' once in awhile as well. I'll work on that, really.

Well, it's 7:45, Saturday morning and I have a good hour before we need to take off for soccer games for the day. I love being home. I think I'll go wake my family up so we can enjoy the next hour together. Without morning sickness.

No comments: