page contents

Monday, July 26, 2010

my blackberry

I like it because it makes my thoughts legible - I can post a blog while riding in the car. It's also a useful tool for someone with a brain ill-equipped to remember everything, like me. No worries if the camera or map is left behind. And I love the fact that any information is at the tip of my fingers- all the time! Can't think of that artist who sang At Last? Etta James is merely a search away. Other great things about my BB: My mother is available via text, phone or email 24-7. And voice notes, allowing me to record things I need so no longer will I lose or forget my list at the grocery store, are bound to end up on Oprah's favorite things.

Now, what I don't like about my crackberry:
1-it makes me stupid. Do you think I know any of my contact's cell phone numbers? I could prattle off my childhood pals' numbers right now (766-3246) Lyn (766-3360) Dee, but the best I could tell you about my adult friends' numbers is that my BB recognizes their names.
2-voice notes are really loud in a store. Especially when purchasing feminine products.
3-while my BB is great for keeping tuned in to work issues, especially on vacation; it's also great for tuning family. That's bad.
4-i can't post photos on a blog post. Maybe it is possible, but I haven't figured it out. I am over forty you know.

And finally, my BB is most definitely, unequivocally contributing to my carpal tunnel syndrome with this damn miniscule keyboard. But wouldn't you know it? I just keep typing and loving it anyway.

1 comment:

Rubi J said...

Have your kids show you how to post pictures. That might be your only hope.